Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Oliver Wolcott Library Festival of Trees

This year my friend Kyra, from Twenty2 Wallpaper, asked me to participate in the Oliver Wolcott Library's Festival of Trees and I eagerly took up the task to create a centerpiece for auction. The annual festival gives its guests the opportunity to bid on small Christmas trees, wreaths, and decorative centerpieces to raise money for the library's operating budget.



For my second entry (you can find last year's centerpiece here), I thought it would be a fun challenge to continue with my white theme and tie in the tree theme of the fundraiser. For my base, I used an upside-down white bark basket. Inside a vase on top, I placed a white candle with white flower balls among some grey Spanish moss I found at Terrain, one of my favorite local haunts.
 
I loved how this year's centerpiece turned out and with all of the fundraising and donating, the library was able to raise $6,500 to put towards its operating budget!


The Oliver Wolcott Library is a beautiful and historic library, one of the oldest in the country. Next time you find yourself in Litchfield, Connecticut, be sure to stop by and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment