Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Cozying up for Winter

When sitting down to develop fabrics for my Fall 2014 line, I wanted to harness the unique softness and long fiber of the suri alpaca in slightly playful, but deeply luxurious fabrics. I'm happy to introduce you to my Striped Suri Alpaca and Feather fabrics.
Striped Suri in White, Silver, and Deep Charcoal
What makes the Striped Suri Alpaca exceptionally unique is the super soft silken 'fur' effect     made from fiber, not fur. The fabric is machine woven, combining the long-haired suri alpaca fiber with lower pile wool (this is how the stripe is achieved).
Striped Suri Throws in Deep Charcoal, White, and Silver
I love to see it used for throws and bedcovers. It is so, so soft. I lie under it reading or watching TV and stroke it like a pet! (I think it makes my dog jealous) And I love how the reverse side is striped so you don't need to back it. It is a perfect weight.

                                                                                                                                                                  

I developed my Feather fabric to resemble the double boucle but be even softer and suitable for upholstery. Like the Striped Suri, it's made from the long-haired suri alpacas which is how it achieves that fluffy, feathered look.
Feather Sample in Silver
It's a beautiful and plush upholstery weight fabric with a wide range of applications.
Feather Pillow in White
I love to see the white Feather used for pillows and accent piece upholstery.

No comments:

Post a Comment