Friday, May 24, 2013

Couture to Chaos at the Met


Couture to Chaos                                         
I was so excited to see this show.
I went with my friend and showroom owner, Thomas Lavin.

Thomas at the show

It was well worth the visit, even if not quite up to the 2011 Alexander McQueen show, and definitely more couture than chaos punk. But the outfits were amazing, I wanted to rip several off the mannequins and put them on. And it was great to see punk celebrated. I can't think of another political/social/music/fashion movement that has had such an influence and generated such a lasting and distinctive look. So much innovation and creativity originating from the street!

Watch this space for a little tribute I am working on!


Junya Watanabe
Rodarte
Maison Martin Margiela
Ann Demeulemeester

No comments:

Post a Comment