Monday, February 25, 2013

Packing Valet

I love to travel.  And as much as I have done (I don't think there has been a three week stretch for over 15 years where I have not been on a plane), I still feel a thrill of excitement as the plane leaves the ground. 

Having said that, I hate to pack and unpack.  So I am all over what I see as a new trend in frequent business travel.  I was just talking the other day to some friends, as I faced another empty suitcase that needed filling, about how much I would love to have a set of bags prepacked for different destinations - hot urban (LA), hot beach (Miami), city (London), etc.  Of course it is a wild and extravagant fantasy, but then if it were practical and cost effective it wouldn't be a fantasy!

So I was very interested to see this piece in last weekend's New York Times travel section which would certainly allow you to pack lighter, at a cost of course.  I do think there is a genuine trend that hotels with frequent repeat guests could embrace at least storing toiletry bags of each guest's favorite products which would be handed over at check in.

Meanwhile, with a sigh, I head upstairs to start pulling out my wardrobe for my next journey and to make sure that I am not all out of my miniature toothpaste...

No comments:

Post a Comment