Friday, March 11, 2011

Reflections on Peru

I have seen a lot of change in Peru over the 16 or so visits that I have made in the last 7 years.  It goes beyond the great restaurants, massages at the airport and multiple Starbucks (a negative from my perspective...when I am there I swap my ritualistic crema topped espresso for the local mate de coca). It has been very rewarding to see the artisans, whether they are from the dye house, are rug makers, or machine and hand weavers, change for the better.   They have improved their homes and places of work in part, or largely as a result of, the business I, we, have been able to give them. Of course with this growth comes the pressure to continue to build my business. When I go out to meet them, as we look at their new premises and I congratulate them, they all want reassurance that things will continue to go well.  All I can do is promise that I will do everything I can to ensure they do!

No comments:

Post a Comment