Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Greetings from Maison


Fresh off a trip to Paris and Maison, I am back in the studio and back to work. It was a great show, full of inspiration and here were a few of the highlights for me: One particularly fabulous piece at the trade show, was Erwan Boulloud’s “Crashing Concrete” dresser, made from burnt wood, concrete and steel. Bolloud, whose main objective is to create a “telluric universe favoring the emergence of shapes and texture,” accomplished exactly that, in designing and constructing his piece, pictured above. With incredible shape and form, Boulloud’s dresser is an example of a brilliant marriage between utility and art.

D’ARGENTAT is a Parisian furniture design house, whose work also caught my eye at the tradeshow. Please see the photos below of their sensational, striped settee, as well as a beautiful, black leather chair.


I also fit in a visit to the wonderful Musée Carnavalet, where they are currently showing an exhibit on vintage Louis Vuitton. Below I‘ve shared images of some of the gorgeous trunks featured in the exhibit. If you are in Paris or plan to be soon, be sure to stop by and check this out!


Of course, it wouldn’t be a successful trip to Paris without sufficient indulgence in the city’s local fare. I would be remiss not to share a couple of photos, which I snapped of meals during my visit: Lobster Bisque and crunchy, buttered bread, what I would call true “comfort food.” Have a look at the Chevre Quiche as well; bringing the combined decadence of goat cheese and quiche, to an entirely new level! Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment