Monday, August 30, 2010

Back to School


Now that summer is almost officially over, as the mother of two young boys, I’ve been getting my household ready for back to school. It’s now time to think about school routines: buses, lunches, play dates, sports, and all the organization involved. 
Active lifestyles with two active boys require sturdy home furnishings and since rugs are a primary focus in my business, I thought I’d suggest some durable ones. Any 60-knot wool rug or a flatweave is great for kids. I also love alpaca boucle rugs. I have one in our highly trafficked kitchen and it holds up really well. The kids love it because boucle is so soft and I love it because it’s reversible, which allows for lots of spills. And there's nothing like a cozy rug under your feet once the temperatures start dropping!

(pictured Glaze flatweave)

No comments:

Post a Comment