Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Visiting Peru

I always look forward to my trips each year to Peru. It gives me a chance to visit a country that I love, see the community of artisans and their families that I have been so fortunate to work with for over 7 years, and also to oversee the production on my products created there. Since I started working with Peruvian alpaca fibers, I've noticed a growing awareness on the part of other designers on the incredible softness, durability and sustainability of the fleece of these wonderful animals.

I recently returned from a visit to Peru. As always I'm filled with pride for the wonderful work being done there, and inspiration to continue to create product that celebrates the wonders of alpaca. Following are some photos of the process of creating the alpaca fibers that go into my products.


 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment