Friday, January 22, 2010

The Joan Hamburg Show

Earlier this week I was interviewed on the Joan Hamburg Show for the radio show’s Launch Pad segment. Following a very interesting chat with Chris Matthews, Joan and her "serial entrepreneur" daughter Liz talked to me about being an entrepreneur and starting my own company. I never really think of myself as an "entrepreneur" - I am just lucky enough to be able to make a living doing something I feel passionate about. But this came after years of hard work and mistakes, which Joan, Liz and I talked about a little. My advice was to focus on something that you love and be prepared to really work hard, including, like me, working two jobs for awhile (the point being that at least one of them should be giving you a regular salary while you build and invest in your dream!). And that you have to keep pushing forward – in the early days when it was really hard sometimes I just had to tell myself to keep going every day - you may not be successful if you keep going, but there is no chance at all of success if you don't. For me the other thing that I think propelled me forward was never saying no, if your instinct says you can do it, say yes and then find a way to make it happen!
To hear the interview, please go to
http://www.wor710.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=4323976

I've added a few photos here of me and my current studio, which shows the culmination of a dream that started so many years ago.



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment